Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Oven-Baked Salmon

I do like cooked salmon. But I often take it as sashimi since few restaurants in this part of the world seem to be able to grill it as nice as those in Washington state and Scandinavia, or offer different species of salmon for diners. Once in a while, I buy slabs of salmon from the supermarket and shove them into the oven or put it on the grill at home. That day at the supermarket, I was rather tempted by the whole salmon sitting on ice. There were five and they looked good. But I don't have a big enough grill. That can't fit into the oven either. Pffft. The smaller trays of Norwegian salmon called out. They looked all right. Three of those would do for dinner for three.

Okay, pasta and baked salmon with a side of blanched red spinach. Easiest combination ever. The salmon was almost too easy to prep. The juicy slabs went into a baking tray and marinated with pumpkin seed oil, onions, oregano, dill and all that. Twenty minutes in the oven was enough to nicely cook it. Blanched the spinach with garlic bits because I wanted greens with the meal.

I was too lazy to fry up the pasta aglio e olio. Prepped the ingredients and waited for the man to come home to do it; he could do the pasta way better than I could. With anchovies and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Carbs! Yummy. It was a crazy day at the office for him but he didn't mind tossing pasta in the pan to de-stress a little. Then we continued with work, clearing emails and taking calls late into the night.

No comments: